Here’s a little info that we CAN share about escape rooms. They’re fun, they’re challenging, they’re great for all sorts of events and outings, and they’re getting more popular every day.
What to Expect During an Escape Game
An escape game is essentially a role-playing game in real life. You and your teammates are “locked” in a room and have a pre-determined amount of time to escape (usually one hour). You look for clues, solve puzzles, and work as a team to get out. Critical thinking is essential, but so are fun and adventure! This is an immersive experience that brings gaming to life and encourages you to use all your senses and unlock your brain power.
The escape gaming industry has grown tremendously over the past five years. Consider the following statistics:
- The earliest recorded escape game opened for business in 2007 in Japan. It would be five more years before the first escape room opened in the United States.
- In 2012, there were 22 escape room companies in the United States. Now there are over 900.
- When segmented by age, the largest demographic of escape room customers is millennials (age 21-35).
- Escape Room companies see an increase in business during the Holidays.
- The industry is now growing at a rate of 300% year over year!
What Are You Waiting For?
Whether or not you escape in time, you’ll still bond with your teammates and have a great time doing it. If you haven’t tried an escape game yet, you’re missing out!
This content was authored by Room To Escape, a family-friendly escape room facility locate at 3734 Allen Avenue in Fort Wayne, Indiana.