So you booked a game at Room to Escape and now you want to win? First of all, we have good news. Escape rooms are super-fun even when you don’t escape in time. However, we understand your competitive nature. We’re gamers, too, and winning sure is fun! That’s why we’ve put together a list of things you can do before your next escape game to give yourself a little advantage.
- Get the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep the night before. We know, we’re not your doctor, but sleep is important! If you want play at the top of your game, give yourself plenty of rest the night before.
- Stay positive. Some of the escape room challenges are difficult. Don’t be too hard on yourself or the other players. Enjoy the ride. Keep your mind open and stay positive.
- “Exercise” your mind with some brain teasers. A successful escape requires a mix of intelligence and creativity. Check-out a book of brain teasers from your local library. Also, sign up for the Room to Escape email newsletter. It features a new brain teaser every week, and you can even win prizes!
- Read our previous blog titled How to Escape An Escape Room . It offers tips you can follow once your escape begins.
- Bring friends. Our escape rooms are designed with groups in mind. Some of our rooms, like the Dining Room Caper, accommodate up to 12 people. Larger groups can split up to solve puzzles simultaneously.
- Practice your listening skills. Good escape artists are good listeners. This tip is so helpful that we’ve published two blogs on the topic. Check out “5 Ways to Be An Effective Listener” and “5 Ways to Be An Effective Communicator” in the Room to Escape blog archive for further reading.
We hope the measures listed here help you beat the clock and secure a big win during your next game at Room to Escape. Book a game soon and let us know if you found this blog helpful!