- Arrive early. We recommend that groups arrive 20 minutes before their session. Our lobby is filled with games and and brain-teasers. Make the most of your experience and take advantage of our pre-escape activities.
- Dress comfortably. You’ll do some moving and exploring during your escape. Room To Escape will have you using your brain AND your body to decipher clues and crack codes!
- If there are children in your group, work at the pace of your youngest member. This ensures that all group members will have a chance to contribute. It can be tempting to speed things up, but slowing down and allowing yourself to see the experience from the perspective of a child has its benefits, too. Your little one might see things you don’t, and will help you to enjoy the experience in ways you weren’t expecting!
- Use your hints. Your game master will offer you a limited number of free hints, but you have to ask for them. Don’t be shy about asking for a little help when you need it – that’s why we’re here! For more on this topic, visit our blog archive.
- Focus on playing, not just on winning. Yes, it’s a great feeling holding up the “I Escaped” sign for a photo that you can share, but it feels even better if you’ve enjoyed the journey. Have fun during your escape and pause to take in the special moments along the way. Family time is an experience, not a destination.
Guests book our escape rooms for a variety of reasons: Date night, corporate events, 30th birthday parties. The possibilities are endless! This week’s blog focuses on family-style escape adventures, and we’ve got five tips to help you make the most of your family’s time with us.